Nutrition and Dietetics Service
Brent tPCT Nutrition and Dietetic service spans across primary and secondary care to provide a seamless service to the population of Brent. The aim of the service is to:
* To treat specific nutrition related diseases in adults and children, working with patients, carers, caterers, health professionals and General Practitioners
* To promote health by implementing the Trust’s Food and Health policies
* To provide a service easily accessible and sensitive to the needs of people from all ethnic, religious and low income groups
* To maintain the highest possible clinical and professional standards in line with the Trust’s Clinical Governance framework
* To provide a service that supports the achievement of the Trust’s local priorities
The service is provided from 3 main sites:
* Wembley Centre for Heath and Care
* Central Middlesex Hospital (CMH)
* Willesden Hospital
Dietetics department actively encourages service improvement through research and audit.
IT and Internet access is available at each site. A variety of patient information leaflets are available. The Resources Working Group oversees the production and updating of patient information. Much of the information in the Department is in languages other than English.
Activity data is collected manually and collated on CIS.